Internal Medicine encompasses the care of all adults, healthy and sick. Doctors in general internal medicine are trained to manage patients presenting with a wide range of acute and long-term medical conditions and symptoms.
Our doctors in general internal medicine have particular expertise in diagnostic reasoning, managing uncertainty, dealing with co-morbidities (complex medical problems involving multiple symptoms and conditions) and recognising when speciality opinion or care is required.
The work involves:
- diagnosing and treating the wide spectrum of medical disorders that present acutely to hospital emergency departments and acute medical units, referring for specialist opinion and care as appropriate.
- providing advice and care for patients admitted to hospital under other specialities (e.g. surgery, obstetrics & gynecology) who have or develop medical problems.
- diagnosing and treating the wide spectrum of medical conditions that are referred to medical outpatient clinics.
- managing inpatients and outpatients with co-morbidities, including elderly patients with frailty and dementia.
Dr. Vinay Verma MD (General Medicine)
Sr. Consultant & Medical Director
Internal Medicine is dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of:
- Rheumatological Problems
- Asthma, COPD
- Blood disorders
- Heart disease
- Hormonal disorders
- Thyroid Disorder
- Kidney disease
- Seizure Disorder
- Complete Family Checkup (General Checkup)
- Hospital care
- Adult Immunizations
- Lab services